Micromax is all set to roll out a Jelly Bean update for their Micromax A110 Canvas 2 smartphone. The company spokesperson has confirmed that the update will be available from the second week of March.
However, there is a catch in the situation. Unlike Samsung, Sony or HTC, Micromax will not be rolling out an OTA (over the air) update for A110 Canvas 2. Rather, consumers will have to take their smartphones to the service centre and customer service executive will do the update for them. This does sound like a cumbersome process, but Micromax confirmed to NDTV Gadgets that the update will be available without any any additional cost to existing A110 Canvas 2 customers.
Micromax A110 Canvas 2 is 5-inch smartphone, which was launched in October for Rs. 10,000. It is a dual-SIM smartphone that is powered by 1GHz dual-core processor with 512MB of RAM.
Camera wise, the A110 Canvas 2 packs in an 8-megapixel autofocus rear sensor with dual-LED flash and a VGA front camera. The smartphone comes with a 2,000 mAh battery, which the company claims gives up to 5 hours of talk time. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth 3.0 and GPS. From the time of launch, the smartphone has been one of the star products for Micromax and the Jelly Bean update may add to its consumer appeal.
1. I am not Responsible for Damages or errors occurred to your device. If you not follow this tutorial step by step, it may cause your device gets Bricked.
2. This tutorial is only for “Micromax Canvas 2 A110” devices, so don’t try this at any other Canvas Series or devices.
3. You are solely responsible for any kind of damages or errors occurred to your device.
4. Backup all your device’s data into pc or whatever before proceeding this tutorial. This will wipe / format /erase / delete your device’s data.
-Jellybean 4.2 Based
-Super Smooth and Fluid
-In-Built Ad Blocker
-Full GPU & CPU Utilization
-Smooth & Improved Touch
-Special Optimization For Gamers
-Pre-Rooted with Latest Version of Superuser
-Improved Touch Quality
-Latest & Inverted Play Store
-New Boot Animation and Logo
-Many Build.prop Tweaks
-Amazing Battery Backup
-New Amazing Lock Sounds
-New Funky Ringtones
-New Alarm Sounds
-Super Fast Internet Speed
-Removed Black Screen After Call Ending
-Proximity Sensing Improved
-Removed Useless Ringtones
-Super Smooth Performance
-Optimized RAM usage
-No Interface Lag at all
-Maximum Speed & Performance
-All logging activities disabled
-Better App Processing
-Lots of kernel tweaks (Thanks to Andiroxu)
-Net speed tweaks
-No redirects on data
-RAM booster binary
-New Ringtones for Calls and Notifications
1. To Get Root Permission , Download “Update-Super_User.zip” from Downloads Links.
2. Flash this zip folder using ” Install Zip from SDcard —–> Choose zip from sdcard —–> Select ‘Update-Super_User.zip’ to Install Super User App
Procedures for Flashing / installation of ROM
1. Power Off your device and wait for vibration to confirm that the device has been completely shut down.
2. Boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing these keys :
Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
3. After Entering into Recovery Mode
4. Select ” Wipe data/Factory reset —–> Yes — Delete all user data “
5. Select ” Wipe Cache Partition —–> Yes — Delete all cache “
7. Select ” Mounts and Storage —–> Format/System “
6. Select ” Advanced —–> Wipe dalvik Cache —–> Yes
8. Select ” Install Zip from SDcard —–> Choose zip from sdcard —–> Select Team_Minha_Xtreme_SmAsHeRs.Zip to flash awesome ROM
” If u feel laggy while using this ROM, install “ROM Manager Lite” and do the following :
1. Select “Performance —-> CPU Control —–> Set ‘cfq’ in I/O Scheduler and ‘hybrid’ in Governor.
2. Tick Apply on boot.
3. Restart your mobile to apply this changes.