Now you can update or downgrade your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to its official firmware i.e. Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. In this tutorial, I will help you to upgrade or downgrade your galaxy s2.
》 Disclaimer :
1. I am not responsible for any damages or errors happens to your device.
2. You are responsible for any kinds of data loss of your device. This will wipe your device’s data.
3. Proceed this tutorial at your own risk.
》 Prerequisites :
1. First of all, Backup your data before proceeding this tutorial.
2. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 devices, don’t try this at any other devices.
3. Enable USB Debugging option from Settings > Developer Options > Usb Debugging.
4. Your device must be charged at least 80 %.
5. You will need to install correct Samsung USB drivers for your pc.
Install USB drivers :
◇ If you have Windows 32 bit (x86)
◆ If you have Windows 64 bit (x64)
6. Odin 3.07 should be installed on your pc.
》 Steps to upgrade or downgrade your GT-I9100 to Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware with Odin
1. First of all, Download all the files as provided above in “Downloads” section.
2. Install Samsung USB Drivers and Odin 3.07 in your pc.( extract if necessary )
3. Open Odin3.07 by right clicking on it and click on “Run as administrator” and it will start.
4. No need to extract Android 4.0.3 Firmware.
5. Shut down your device, wait for the vibration to confirm that the device has been completely shut down.
6. Boot your device into Download Mode by pressing following keys :
VOLUME DOWN + HOME KEY + POWER KEY simultaneously until Samsung Logo appears.
7. Connect your device in your pc with a compatible USB cable.
8. In odin you will get the message Added. If you have not get the message Added that means the USB drivers is not successfully installed, you will need to Reinstall it.
9. Now click on PDA button and locate the Firmware update. (wherever you placed in your pc) and click on “GT-I9100_XEO_I9100XWLP3_I9100O XALPQ_I9100XXLPR.7z” file.
10. Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time tick boxes.
11. Click on Start button and Odin starts the process of upgrading or downgrading on your device.
12. Wait for the installation to complete, Don’t disconnect your device from pc while installation is in progress.
13. “Pass” message will appear in odin to confirm that the installation is completed and your device will Restart.
14. Congratulations ! You are successfully upgraded or downgraded your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to its official firmware.
If the device stuck at Samsung Logo or your device gets Bootloop. Try to Hard Reset your device by following simple procedure :
– Remove the battery and reinsert it after 5 seconds.
– Reboot your device into Recovery Mode, from Recovery Mode select
• Navigate using Volume up and Volume down button
• Power key or Home key for selection.
◆ Wipe data/format data
◆ Wipe cache
It works !