A. Follow this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
B. Don’t try to root any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this tutorial, as you will end up bricking their firmware.
C. Make sure to download and install proper Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. (If you’ve not installed on your computer/laptop then download it in Downloads Section.)
D. Disable Samsung KIES, antivirus applications and any other Windows app that might block the rooting process.
E. Enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options section under Settings.
– if Developer Options menu isn’t shown, then you will need to enable it.
> Open Settings, go to More, then open About Device.
> Tap 7 times on the Build Number text to become a developer.
> Check the Settings menu and Developer Options menu should be shown, then tap on USB Debugging. (See image below)
F. Check the battery level of your device and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the Galaxy S4 from powering off while you’re rooting it.
G. Use this post only if you’re an advanced Android user.
H. We at The Android Developers cannot be blamed in case your phone gets bricked in the process, as you’re rooting the device at your own risk.
I. Note that by rooting your Galaxy S4 you will lose warranty and this can be restored only by flashing an official Android ROM from Samsung.
J. Read the entire post and don’t skip any steps in order to successfully root your phone.
K. If you cannot complete the guide, then you can ask for more help in comments.
These were all the guidelines you had to go over before continuing to the next part of this tutorial.
Samsung USB Drivers
1. Extract Odin 3.07 and Root package which you have downloaded earlier.
2. Power off your Galaxy S4 completely. (until it vibrates to confirm that device has been completely power off)
3. Get your device in Downloading Mode, Here’s how to do it :
a) Press and hold Volume UP key + Home key + Power key simultaneously until Samsung’s Logo appears.(leave all keys after you see Samsung’s Logo)
b) There may be two options –
i) Volume Up to continue
ii) Volume Down to cancel (restarts phone)
c) Press Volume Up key to continue in Downloading Mode.
4. Launch Odin 3.07.exe on your pc.
5. Connect your device to your computer/laptop with a USB Cord / Cable.
6. Now in odin, select PDA button and locate the root file. (it should be in .tar.md5)
7. Check ‘Auto Reboot’ and F.Reset Time’ tickboxes, Uncheck Repartition.
8. Click on Start button to start the process of rooting on your device.
9. Don’t Rush, wait for the root process is to be completed.(it usually takes few minutes)
10. After the process is been successfully completed, you will get a “PASS” message in the Odin to confirm that installation is completed successfully. Your device will be restarted after a “PASS” message shows in Odin.
11. Congratulations ! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
If installation fails, if you have a questions relating to this guide or if you need any extra help then use the comments field below.
Thanks for your Time.